We are so excited to be underway with Startup Weekend Prince George and are so proud of our participants! Of the 40 participants that attended for the event, 17 gathered their courage and pitched a business idea for the group to vote on. 7 ideas were voted as viable businesses and groups formed to build 6 companies to be pitched at Sunday night’s finale at the Copper Pig.
We are so excited to see how theses business ideas will pivot and what they will develop into by the end of the weekend:
- Honey Badger Mobile- building per-person mobile apps for uncommon things
- How Far Did I Go? – an app to track your vehicles mileage for tax purposes
- Buildasong.com – customize a song or telegram for someone special
- Community Kickstarter- creating a social network within your neighbourhood
- Map Sched- mapping and scheduling app for home care nursing
- I Digg U – an app to take you from friends to something more
Are you ready for day 2?